UNC Asheville has an established tradition of excellence in teacher education. Our teachers enter the classroom with a unique, comprehensive liberal arts background. This background is established through completion of a major field of study coupled with teacher licensure, which gives licensure candidates the tools to be stronger, more effective teachers. In four years, candidates can graduate with both a bachelor’s degree in a specific subject and a teaching license, making them marketable in two areas.
If you would like to know more information about our program, please contact us here.
Currently, the UNC Asheville Department of Education offers teacher licensure in the following areas of concentration:
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Middle Grades (6-9): Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science
- English (9-12)
- Latin (9-12)
- Mathematics (9-12)
- Science (9-12): Biology, Chemistry, Comprehensive Science, Earth Science, or Physics
- Social Studies (9-12)
- Art (K-12)
- Foreign Language (K-12): French, German, or Spanish
- Health and Physical Education (K-12)
- Theatre Arts (K-12)
- NEW!! Special Education: General Curriculum (K-12)