UNC Asheville has an established tradition of excellence in teacher education. Our teachers enter the classroom with a unique, comprehensive liberal arts background. This background is established through completion of a major field of study coupled with teacher licensure, which gives licensure candidates the tools to be stronger, more effective teachers. In four years, candidates can graduate with both a bachelor’s degree in a specific subject and a teaching license, making them marketable in two areas.
If you would like to know more information about our program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, the UNC Asheville Department of Education offers teacher licensure in the following areas of concentration:
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Middle Grades (6-9): Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science
- English (9-12)
- Latin (9-12)
- Mathematics (9-12)
- Science (9-12): Biology, Chemistry, Comprehensive Science, Earth Science, or Physics
- Social Studies (9-12)
- Art (K-12)
- Foreign Language (K-12): French, German, or Spanish
- Theatre Arts (K-12)
- Special Education: General Curriculum (K-12)