UNC Asheville has an established tradition of excellence in teacher education. Our teachers enter the classroom with a unique, comprehensive liberal arts background. This background is established through completion of a major field of study coupled with teacher licensure, which gives licensure candidates the tools to be stronger, more effective teachers. In four years, candidates can graduate with both a bachelor’s degree in a specific subject and a teaching license, making them marketable in two areas.
If you would like to know more information about our program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UNC Asheville Department of Education offers teacher licensure programs in the following areas. All programs have been approved by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, and were included as part of the department’s latest CAEP national accreditation review in 2020.
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Middle Grades (6-9): Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science
- English (9-12)
- Latin (9-12)
- Mathematics (9-12)
- Science (9-12): Biology, Chemistry, Comprehensive Science, Earth Science, or Physics
- Social Studies (9-12)
- Art (K-12)
- World Languages (K-12): French or Spanish
- Theatre Arts (K-12)
- Special Education: General Curriculum (K-12)