A native of Florida, Nancy has taught middle school math and science for a total of 15 years in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. She has coordinated middle grades programs at Shorter College, and Charleston Southern University. She came to UNC Asheville in 2002.
- Doctorate of Education from the Univeristy of Florida in Curriculum and Instruction
- Masters of Education from Western Carolina University in Middle Grade Language Art
- Bachelor of Arts from Warren Wilson College in Middle Grade Mathematics
- EDUC 320 Middle Grade Principles and Practices
- EDUC 314 Multiple Literacies for Content Area Instruction
- EDUC 373 Sp Top in EDUC
- EDUC 374 Sp Top in EDUC
- EDUC 455 Student Teaching and Seminar
- EDUC 314 Teach Reading and Writing 6-12
- EDUC 320 Mid Sch Principl Pract and Mat
- Undergraduate Research
"Can a K-8 School Meet the Needs of Adolescents" in Malu, K.(2009) Voices from the middle: By, for and about the middle level community. A volume in The Handbook of Research in Middle Level Education series (Sponsored by the Middle Level Education Research Special Interest Group and the National Middle School Association).